Hemp sheets are a great choice for those who want a sustainable, durable, and (best of all) soft bedding option. But how do you care for them properly? Here are some tips:
- Wash cold. Hemp is a strong fabric, so it doesn't need to be washed in hot water. In fact, washing hemp in hot water can actually shrink it. Instead, wash your hemp sheets in cold water on a gentle cycle.
- Use mild detergent. Hemp sheets are also sensitive to harsh detergents, so it's best to use a mild detergent that's designed for delicate fabrics.
- Avoid bleach. Bleach can damage hemp sheets, so it's best to avoid using it altogether. If you need to remove a stain, try using a mild stain remover instead.
- Air dry or tumble dry on low heat. Hemp sheets can be air dried or tumble dried on low heat. However, air drying is the best way to preserve the quality of your sheets.
- Spot clean stains immediately. If you get a stain on your hemp sheets, it's important to spot clean it as soon as possible. This will help prevent the stain from setting in.
By following these simple care instructions, you can keep your hemp sheets looking and feeling their best for years to come.
Here are some additional tips for caring for hemp sheets:
- Wash them separately from other fabrics, especially if they're new. This will help prevent the colour from bleeding.
- If you're air drying your sheets, don't put them in direct sunlight. This can fade the colours.
- If you're tumble drying your sheets, use a dryer sheet or two to help prevent static cling.
- If you do need to iron them, use a low heat setting.
With proper care, your hemp sheets will last for many years. They're a great investment in your sleep quality and your peace of mind.